Thursday, November 5, 2015

2015 Royals Celebration



Yep!!!

It's been an exciting year if you are a Royals Baseball fan! The Royals came from behind to win game 5 of the World Series to become the World Series Champions. It is hard not to like the Royals. They are group of down to earth guys who give back to their community.

I have been a baseball fan all my life. When I was a kid I collected baseball cards and played baseball as often as I could with the neighborhood kids. As I grew older I lost my desire to play the game. I was never good at ball sports so running became my thing. Anyhoo... long story short I have always been and will always be a Royals fan. Making it to the World Series last year was awesome but oh what a let down it was for the boys in blue to not win the Series. So can you image the excitement in KC this year when the good guys returned to the series again? It just felt like it was "Our Time" and the boys in blue came through with a thrilling playoff run finished off with the crown. Thanks for a great season Royals!

I was lucky enough to be able to take time away from work to attend the Royals Parade and Celebration. Here are some pics from the event. Admittedly, I didn't get close enough to the players so I am sharing some pics friends were able to get. Even though I wasn't able to get up close and personal with the players, it was still a great atmosphere to be in and an experience I will cherish!

I was one of the thousands in the crowd at Union Station!



Here come the players....

















You knew the players were near when you saw the giant baseball!

Slugger!
Crown on parade route.

Replica of World Series Trophy inside Union Station



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any comments to share?